This recipe is for my own PP’s Signature Chicken Kebabs. Why PP’s Signature? Well, because if there is one dish that gets made as often as we make it, or as requested as these are for an event, IT’S THESE! Why am I sharing the recipe then? Because they are that delicious and I’m that proud of them that I want everybody to make them! And, it’s always still nice to have them made for you at an event.
I know this might be more of a summer dish, but with the amazing weather we’ve had the last few days (I’m pretty sure you could have sunbathed on Sunday), I thought why not!
The recipe is simple enough and you can use either chicken breast or thighs. You don’t even have to marinade the chicken for all that long. In fact, 1-2 hours is enough because the marinade has lemon juice which if left for too long (eg. overnight) the lemon juice can actually start to dry the chicken meat out. So you want to leave them for long enough to get the flavour and juiciness, but not too long that it does the opposite!
For the kebabs, I add all colours of the rainbow peppers on mine. I honestly use green, red, orange and yellow peppers. I not only love the colours but the flavour is exquisite! The sweetness of the red peppers compliments the chicken well. Of course, you can add onions and tomatoes too which I also do sometimes.
Cooking the Chicken Kebabs:
Three alternatives! 1- BBQ of course. 2- Grill at home 3- In the oven.
This recipe follows the 3rd method. Simply because when I was cooking this batch, it was mid week and I was home in my flat. Sometimes, it’s just easier too to stick them in the oven even if it does take a bit longer. Yes, they do come out just as delicious and juicy.
For the sides, again it’s up to you. Here, I served my kebabs with my dad’s famous rice (recipe to come later!), garlic yoghurt, and a small salad. Enjoy the kebabs and please let me know what you think!
PP's Signature Chicken Kebabs
- 1 chicken breast
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup coriander, finely chopped
- 1 tsp tumeric
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp cumin
- ⅓ tsp chili powder (or as desired)
- 1 cup mixed peppers can sub/add onions and baby tomatoes
- Preheat the oven to 425F (220c) (only before you're ready to cook the chicken!).
- In a bowl, add the olive oil, lemon juice, minced garlic, chopped coriander, all the spices and mix well.
- Dice the chicken into 'kebab size' and add to the bowl. Make sure the chicken is covered with the marinade. Cover the bowl with cling film and place in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Chop the peppers for the skewers. Once ready, assemble the skewers by alternating different coloured peppers with the chicken.
- Line a baking dish with baking paper or foil and lay the kebabs out without them touching. Drizzle additional marinade over them. Cover the dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes, flipping them half way.
- Remove the foil and bake for another 10-15 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve with rice, potatoes, salad, dips....anything you desire! Enjoy!
Important note – wooden skewers can burn in the oven so to avoid this, soak them in water for a few hours if you can (minimum 30 minutes).
Another note – You don’t have to cover the dish with foil. If you don’t, reduce the cook time because they will cook faster. Of course, if you have a grill at home, none of these points matter! x
Other recipes to try:
Did you make this recipe? Tag @pinkpeppercorncyprus on Instagram and hashtag it #pinkpeppercorncatering