These Christmas Cheese Ball Canapes are a surprisingly easy and insanely delicious festive canape to get you in the Christmassy mood! The cinnamon and cranberries ensure that you really will taste Christmas with each bite.
This isn’t the same as a cheese ball that you might have had at Christmas parties or Christmas lunches in the past. These are a slightly sweeter version of your typical savoury ball that normally includes olives, various meats and cheeses.
The best part is that they are individually sized and mini! I put them on pretzel sticks too to make sure that you can grab them easily. Take a bite, or spread on a cracker.
The recipe below makes 6 balls. Feel free to I would recommend doubling the recipe because trust me, they won’t last on the platter for long! You can easily substitute ingredients if you need to; mix and match nuts, seeds and fruits as you wish. For example, dried apricots, goats’ cheese, pecans would be great too. Enjoy!
Christmas 2019 Package:
Don’t forget that I recently released our Christmas package for this year. As I had said, instead of doing the typical roast turkey or beef with all the trimmings, I decided to do something a little different and focus on my favourite edibles: canapes!
Here is the package:
You’ve got countless savoury and sweet Christmas options to choose from. PLUS, we’ve included pitchers of our home-made (& potent if you remember from the Herb Garden!) mulled wine 🍷🍷🍷as part of the package.
For 8 guests, it’s €150 for 72 canapes (9 each) and 4 pitchers of mulled wine. Including delivery (within Limassol or Paphos). Otherwise, it will be €18PP for canapes and a half-bottle of mulled wine.
Contact us to get party planning NOW! (It’s only 36 days until Christmas!)
Christmas Cheese Ball Canapes
- 6 pretzel sticks
- 1 drizzle of honey
For the Filling:
- ½ cup cream cheese (100g)
- ⅓ cup Halloumi cheese (40g)
- 3 tbsp raisins (30g)
- 1 tbsp sliced almonds (6g)
- 1 tbsp sunflower seeds (9g)
- ½-1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp chia seeds
To Roll the Balls:
- 2 tbsp walnuts, sliced (12g)
- 2 tbsp dried cranberries, sliced (20g)
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds (9g)
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- In a bowl, add the filling ingredients and mix well.
- Place in the fridge for 30 minutes or so to chill.
- Put the 'to roll the ball' ingredients on a plate and mix.
- Roll the cheese mixture into small balls and roll in the cranberry mixture.
- Stick a pretzel stick into each ball.
- Keep them in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Drizzle a little honey over them and devour!
Other recipes to try:
Did you make this recipe? Tag @pinkpeppercorncyprus on Instagram and hashtag it #pinkpeppercorncatering