If you are anything like me, you can’t get through the day without feeling the need to snack constantly! The last few months, I’ve been on a mission to find or create snacks that I can make in advance, are healthy, and most importantly, will keep me full! These Coconut Date Energy Bites are just that. This recipe is super simple, bake-free, no sugar whatsoever and vegan. Each ball is only 92 calories too! Yes, I have finally added nutrition labels to my recipes!
Make a batch when you have a spare 10 minutes and keep them in the fridge. They’re really convenient to have two of when you need a mid-afternoon pick me up! You can take them to work, have them as a healthy dessert with fruit. Besides, any dessert recipe that calls for no ovens, baking and specific measurements is a keeper for me!
Preparing the Coconut Date Balls:
One quick note on the dates – best to roughly chop them before putting them in the blender. Also, if they are really dry and a little tough, good idea to soak them for 5-10 minutes in water to help soften them.
I used almonds in mine but feel free to substitute for anything else you would rather have.
Coconut Date Energy Bites
- 2 cups dates, pitted
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 1/2 cup shredded coconut 1/2 cup for rolling the balls in
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp water
- Place almonds in a blender and mix until crumbly.
- Roughly chop the dates. Add the dates and water and blend.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend until mixed properly.
- Roll the mixture into small balls. Coat the balls in the extra coconut flakes.
- Place in the fridge to chill and harden for at least 30 minutes.
Other recipes to try:
Did you make this recipe? Tag @pinkpeppercorncyprus on Instagram and hashtag it #pinkpeppercorncatering