This Grapefruit, Kale & Feta Salad plays with your taste buds like you won’t believe. You’ve got texture from the kale and mixed greens, sourness from the grapefruit and salty from the feta cheese. Then the sharpness that comes from the red onions and balsamic drizzle! Not to mention the toasted almonds and fresh mint! It’s a salad perfect for the summer months. And very simple to put together.
Perfect as a light lunch or as a side to your main. Make it in advance and take it on a picnic with you. Yum!
Preparing the Grapefruit, Kale & Feta Salad:
You can add orange to the salad if you like or don’t have any grapefruits on hand. Just make sure you use a more sour orange rather than the super juicy sweet ones!
To be honest, I made two versions of this salad dressing. One is the one in the photo, with a little olive oil and balsamic glaze drizzle. Mohamad though loves the salad with no dressing, just olive oil. Last time we ate this salad, I had prepped each ingredient in advance (chopped the grapefruit, crumbled the feta etc). There was quite a bit of grapefruit juice left in the tupperware and so I poured that over after the olive oil and it really helped add more flavour. Try it!
Kale, Grapefruit & Feta Salad
- 1 cup kale leaves
- 1 cup lettuce
- 1 pink grapefruit
- ½ red onion
- ¼ cup feta cheese
- 8 mint leaves
- 1 tbsp toasted almonds
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 drizzle thick balsamic vinegar optional
- Wash the kale, lettuce and mint. Chop roughly and place in a bowl.
- Peel the grapefruit and cut into half-moons. Add a little of the grapefruit juice for taste. Slice the red onion into rings and add to the bowl.
- Roughly chop the almonds. Toast in a frying pan with a tsp of oil until browned. Leave to cool.
- Crumble the feta cheese and add to the bowl. Add the mint and chia seeds. Add the almonds and pour in the olive oil. Mix well and plate.
- Drizzle the balsamic vinegar over the salad as desired.
Other recipes to try:
Did you make this recipe? Tag @pinkpeppercorncyprus on Instagram and hashtag it #pinkpeppercorncatering