Sumac Baked Chips have recently gone to the top five dishes to make with my beloved sumac spice. It adds a lemon-y, almost tangy flavour to the simple chip. Not to mention look at the colour!
These chips photographed were served with my own variation on a red cocktail sauce. But of course, you can serve them with whatever you like! The green tahini dip I made with the roasted carrots would work well, or even the garlic yoghurt dip. Go wild!
Don’t forget that sumac spice is available in our shop (brought over from Lebanon and incredibly delicious!).
One note – I par-boiled my chips first to cut down on the baking time. However, this isn’t completely necessary. Just remember that if you don’t, the chips will take longer in the oven and you’ll need to put the temperature down so that they cook all the way through before going brown and crispy!
A perfect cheat day side! Or a weekend treat to serve alongside some other nibbles. Yes they’re not the healthiest, but by baking them in the oven instead of frying them in oil, does cut down on the amount of calories. P.S. the nutrition labels includes a quarter of the dipping sauce per serving!
Christmas Cheese Ball Canapes
- 6 pretzel sticks
- 1 drizzle of honey
For the Filling:
- ½ cup cream cheese (100g)
- ⅓ cup Halloumi cheese (40g)
- 3 tbsp raisins (30g)
- 1 tbsp sliced almonds (6g)
- 1 tbsp sunflower seeds (9g)
- ½-1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp chia seeds
To Roll the Balls:
- 2 tbsp walnuts, sliced (12g)
- 2 tbsp dried cranberries, sliced (20g)
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds (9g)
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- In a bowl, add the filling ingredients and mix well.
- Place in the fridge for 30 minutes or so to chill.
- Put the 'to roll the ball' ingredients on a plate and mix.
- Roll the cheese mixture into small balls and roll in the cranberry mixture.
- Stick a pretzel stick into each ball.
- Keep them in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Drizzle a little honey over them and devour!
Other recipes to try:
Did you make this recipe? Tag @pinkpeppercorncyprus on Instagram and hashtag it #pinkpeppercorncatering