These Za’atar Baked Carrots & Tahini Parsley Sauce have become something that gets made in our house at least once a week. A few weeks ago, I was researching light, low-carb, simple ideas that could be eaten as a snack or even as a side with dinner. I found that baked carrots kept hitting top of the list!
I had been eating so many veggies and salads that I wasn’t too excited to eat all these roasted carrots by themselves. So I was determined to find a way to jazz them up a bit without going for the typical seasonings.
I had a jar of Tahini sauce in the fridge that I kept meaning to use up. We then realized (I think it was actually Mohamad!), that sprinkling Za’atar on those carrots and adding a dip would do the trick!
The sweetness that comes from the baked carrots combined with the Za’atar seasoning (which BTW is home-made so head to our shop to get yourself a jar!) and the creamy lemony garlic-y herb-y sauce really is something else.
Give it a try and let me know what you think!
These are great to make ahead of time to eat as an afternoon snack. Alternatively as a side dish with your lunch or dinner. You can make a different dip or drizzle a sauce all over the carrots.
Za’atar Baked Carrots & Tahini Parsley Sauce
For the Carrots:
- 3 carrots
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Za'atar seasoning
For the Tahini Dip:
- ¼ cup Tahini
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ cup roughly chopped parsley (tightly packed)
- ½ tsp salt and pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- Preheat the oven to 400F/200c. Peel the carrots and slice into 'fries' and place in a bowl. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Pour the olive oil over the carrots, and sprinkle the Za'atar and a little salt. Toss well.
- Lay the carrots on the baking tray with gaps in between them. Bake in the oven for around 20 minutes total. Make sure to flip half way.
- Add all the ingredients into a blender. Mix until smooth. Add additional water to thin the sauce out if needed. Taste and season accordingly.
Recommended for this Recipe:
Za’atar Seasoning – a fragrant and extremely versatile seasoning blend. Made from a combination of oregano, thyme, sumac, roasted sesame seeds and salt.
* If you live in Paphos or Limassol, Cyprus and don’t want to pay the delivery, we can arrange to meet and drop your order to you somewhere!
Other recipes to try:
Did you make this recipe? Tag @pinkpeppercorncyprus on Instagram and hashtag it #pinkpeppercorncatering